Re: SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.1

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2008
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D." <TJRostaf@...>
      wrote:

      > John, thank you for your ongoing work to keep SS, and WP within it,
      > running better all the time. I want to take advantage of the
      > improvements you have made, though I have now customized SS to run OS
      > 8.6 on a 1.5G volume. I am perhaps not the only one who has done some
      > such tweaking. I have downloaded your SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install
      > 1.1. I have already been using the new SS builds (the
      > SheepShaver_02_01_2008.app and the SheepShaver_05_01_2008_UB.app, more
      > or less interchangeably). Could you give us some brief instructions for
      > installing just your latest improvements into our already functional
      > builds? Thank you! Tom

      Tom, I didn't keep a record of what I added but, looking around, all I see
      is:

      Installed QuickHelp correctly
      Set CarbonLib to load by default
      Updated John's WP Tips & Macros to v. 2.2
      Added Flash-It control panel for screen capture
      Put alias of Clipboard in Apple Menu
      Placed clip art in Stuffit archives
      Added custom WP folder icons (thanks to Gabriel Fuentes)

      which are minor, except for the very nice (and I think almost
      unused) QuickHelp. BTW that's also a separate download in
      the Files section here.

      Outside of the SS volume, the SheepShaver Prefs utility is
      much easier to navigate than SheepShaverGUI.