Re: Upgrading from OS 8.5 to 9.04 on Intel

  • xkeys
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
      Unless you took out the PPC processor of the Indigo iMac and swapped
      in an Intel one somehow, this is not possible. There is no official
      Indigo Intel

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "hnd101" <newtownw@...> wrote:

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Nick Spencer <N.Spencer@>
      wrote:

      > > Hugh,
      > >
      > > Thanks for the help.
      > >
      > > Buying the Indigo Intel was the only way I could find to easily
      get
      > > hold of the right OS to launch the OS 9 on an Intel.
      >
      > ... But how on earth did you get an Indigo Intel? The only Indigo
      > iMacs I've ever heard of were G3 which is third-generation PPC
      (Acorn
      > and/or IBM rather than Intel, and not in the least compatible with
      > Intel). I never heard of a dual-processor PPC/Intel version either.
      > Are you certain?
      > Hugh

    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
        That's a typo for "Indigo iMac"...

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Nick Spencer <N.Spencer@...> wrote:

          > I need certain OSAX and Jon's
          > routines to work and they will not work on Classic 9.2, not for me
          > anyway.

          The SheepShaver-WordPerfect install comes with what i think are
          the best osaxen: Jon's Commands, Akua Sweets, Dialog Director,
          Regular Expressions, HipTools. These enormously expand the
          range of Applescript events and objects and work well with the
          OS in the install package.

          John R.
        • Nick Spencer
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
            Hi,

            Yes my apologies....it was a typo for Indigo iMac.

            Regards,
            Nick