SheepSaver_UB_22

  • billbossart
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2008
      I thought Id give this a try since I now have an intel iMac but it
      refuses to complete the load load (the old pizza of death. I'm running
      10.5.1. All suggestions welcome. TIA.
    • ted_m_p_lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2008
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "billbossart" <whbossart@...> wrote:

        > I thought Id give this a try since I now have an intel iMac but it
        > refuses to complete the load load (the old pizza of death. I'm running
        > 10.5.1. All suggestions welcome. TIA.

        Did you try the link that was posted a few days ago for just the Intel build?
        Whoever it was (Geoff?) who said he'd tried that didn't seem to have any problems.
        (I assume by "load" you mean the boot of whatever version of pre-OS X you are using, not
        that knowing that would enable me to say anything particularly helpful. )

        Ted Lee
        Minnetonka, MN
      • Bill Bossart
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2008
          That was the link I tried. I unzipped it and double clicked it. SS and
          window appeared in the left corner of the toolbar but the pizza or
          beach ball never stopped. Hence no load.
          Bill Bossart
          whbossart@...

          On Jan 6, 2008, at 4:08 PM, ted_m_p_lee wrote:

          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "billbossart" <whbossart@...>
          > wrote:
          >>
          >> I thought Id give this a try since I now have an intel iMac but it
          >> refuses to complete the load load (the old pizza of death. I'm
          >> running
          >> 10.5.1. All suggestions welcome. TIA.
          >>

          > Did you try the link that was posted a few days ago for just the
          > Intel build?
          > Whoever it was (Geoff?) who said he'd tried that didn't seem to have
          > any problems.
          > (I assume by "load" you mean the boot of whatever version of pre-OS
          > X you are using, not
          > that knowing that would enable me to say anything particularly
          > helpful. )
          >
          > Ted Lee
          > Minnetonka, MN
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • ted_m_p_lee
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2008
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Bill Bossart <whbossart@...> wrote:

            > That was the link I tried. I unzipped it and double clicked it. SS and
            > window appeared in the left corner of the toolbar but the pizza or
            > beach ball never stopped. Hence no load.
            > Bill Bossart
            > whbossart@...

            I don't remember -- had you tried John's installation first and just substituted this version? (I
            don't remember either if that one is universal or not.) I'm wondering you need to get the
            sheepshaver.dmg first and get the preferences set first. I have no idea what happens if you
            start up that new version without having told it where to find the "boot" volume by running
            the prefs setter first.

            Ted Lee
            Minnetonka, MN