[ANN] Notes Pro

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
      Creates notes for comments, editing suggestions, sidebars
      or annotations in text boxes, with any of eight background
      colors. Shows or hides all notes in a document of a
      particular color, or all notes in the document. Notes of one
      color can be changed to another individually or throughout
      the document.

      Based on the Notes macro that ships with WordPerfect,
      this macro offers eight colors, visibility selection based
      on color, left or right alignment, no caption, and an
      editable style sheet for each color of note text along
      with one base style sheet that governs all eight.

      Adds a versatile, elegant and easy-to-use formatting
      functionality to WP. Free in the Files section as
      "Notes Pro.sit".

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2008
        John

        Many thanks and once again the versatility and flexibility of WP is evident.

        Geoff

      • RBRoufberg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
          Will the color and formatting remain stable when viewed by a non-WP user on a
          non-Mac computer?

          Ruth R.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
            Dear Ruth

            If you print to pdf, yes, but style sheets are notoriously mangled by
            conversion.

            Geoff

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008

              > Many thanks and once again the versatility and flexibility of WP is evident.

              You're most welcome. BTW a major limitation of the original
              Notes macro was that if you placed two notes in the same
              paragraph they landed on top of each other. Notes Pro fixes
              this - the top of each note is horizontally aligned with the line
              of text your cursor is in when you run the macro.

              > and once again the versatility and flexibility of WP is evident.

              With 900 commands and objects, the macro language is more
              powerful than many stand-alone languages. The depth of
              implementation of program functionality from page formatting to
              academic text processing is unequalled, and I think that at
              this point it's the fastest word processor available, including
              under SheepShaver.

              John R.