Re: New SheepShaver build

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 4, 2008

      > Reports about the Jan 2 08 build include:
      >
      > most problems with the unix folder are
      > solved. Icons work, and applications can be
      > launched from the unix folder, i.e. do not
      > have to be on the SS volume to run. (!) Also
      > more stable then the previous version.

      Hmmmmmm... given that, is there any reason to keep anything on the
      SheepShaver.dmg other than the system itself? What happens if there
      are aliases in the "unix" "folder" to other places in the OS X file
      system -- can Sheepshaver follow those? (yes, I know that could be
      easily tested, but I'm not at any of my Macs.)

      Ted
    • ted_m_p_lee
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 5, 2008

        > I just went back to the emaculation forum and found the following
        > posted this morning:

        OK, seems to work (PowerBook G4, still under Tiger.) At first I got a garbled and
        unreadable display (like when a TV goes out of synch.) This new version includes the
        preference settings (configuration) as a menu item -- and in that the screen resolutions
        can only be selected values (scroll down pick lists for H and V). With the old version I'd
        arbitrarily picked 1000 x 700 (or something like that) -- once I'd picked 1024 x 768 from
        the available possibilities it worked fine. There is a "maximum" setting for each -- haven't
        tried that yet.

        I haven't tried anything fancy yet.

        Ted Lee
        Minnetonka, MN

        > "SheepShaver Universal build 05 Jan. 2008 available
        >
        > Get it here:
        >
        > http://www.open.ou.nl/hsp/Engels/SheepShaver_Help/Downloads/SheepShave
        > r_05_01_2008_UB.zip"
        >
        > (watch for line wrap on that -- the filename just by itself is
        > SheepShaver_05_01_2008_UB.zip)
        >
        > I'll have to give it a try this evening.
        >
        > Anyone know if I should delete the hidden files (prefs and nvram, if
        > I remember right) previous invocations of it created before running
        > the new version?
        >
        > Ted Lee
        > Minnetonka, MN

      • Alexander
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 5, 2008
          I downloaded the SheepShaver build and the instructions from this
          group and I cannot find the SheepShaverGUI in the download. Where is
          this or do I still need this?

          Alex
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 7, 2008
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander" <wold.alexander@...> wrote:

            > I downloaded the SheepShaver build and the instructions from this
            > group and I cannot find the SheepShaverGUI in the download. Where is
            > this or do I still need this?

            It's in the SheepShaver Install package, but instead I'd use the
            SheepShaver Prefs file, a separate download here.

            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 2, 2009