Re: [wpmac] WordPerfect for Mac

  • Thomas Briant
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
      Dave:

      I have 4 suggestions for you.

      1. Download and install John Rethorst's pre-built installation of
      Sheepshaver and Word Perfect 3.5e from the files area of this
      WordPerfect group. The name of the file is "SS-WP.zip" and it's 243
      megabytes in size. Unzip it, read the instructions, run the
      installation script, and do the rest of the steps necessary to install
      it. In twenty minutes you should have WordPerfect up and running.

      2. As for the copy of OS 9.2, it won't work with Sheepshaver.
      Sheepshaver only works with OS 7.5.2 through 9.0.4. I'd save the 9.2
      disk, install a second hard drive in your G5, and install OS X 10.4,
      which is the last version of OS X to support the Classic OS and then
      install OS 9.2. You can boot between the two hard drives.

      3. As for the issue "I need a word processor/office suite other than
      Word/Office that works on a G5 Mac right now!", I would suggest
      Neooffice 2.2.2. Go to www.neooffice.org and download the PowerPC
      version. It also comes in an Intel version, which you don't want. It's
      donation-ware. Neooffice is an enhanced derivative of the StarOffice/
      OpenOffice office suite seen on Windows and LInux systems.

      4. http://sally.neooffice.org/neojava_userguide/
      NeoOffice_User_Guide.pdf is the Web address for the user guide to
      Neooffice.

      Tom Briant