Re: Hint of solution for Time Machine & Sheepshaver

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008

      > Leopard has a file system that lets you update parts of files.
      > I don't know more than that; maybe un-filevault your home
      > folder and re-filevault it? IAC there's no difference in
      > structure between the SS volume and any other file. AFAIK
      > the SS volume could be made sparse.

      That was the point of the discussion I read. If you installed Leopard while you had an
      account File-Vaulted, Time-Machine had to back up the account's sparse file all at once. But
      if you turned time-vault off, upgraded to Leopard, and then turned Time-Vault back on, the
      new sparse file was backed up in blocks. So maybe you have to create the Sheepshaver
      volume in Leopard and not use the one in the distribution. I guess someone will just have to
      play with it and see. I'll let you know if I get around to it before anyone else.

      Ted