Fwd: [wpmac] a different problem

  • Nancy Hyden Woodward
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
      In posting the below query just now, I forgot to say that the e-mail
      programme on the macmini came with it.:

      Last month, I upgraded OS 10.3.9 (Panther) on the macmini to 0S 10.4.6
      (Tiger).
      If not on this list, can you point me where I might learn how to
      recapture the then existing e-mails on Panther before the upgrade?
      The address book made the move but not the e-mails themselves. I am
      desperate for information from a couple of them.
      Could I get them back by returning to Tiger?
      Thanks.
      Nancy Hyden Woodward
    • Daryl Chinn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
        If you're thinking of the Yahoo Groups WordPerfect
        messages, you should be able to find them on the
        YahooGroups site devoted to WordPerfect.

        If you're thinking of the WordPerfect messages, my
        sense is that you can get the information again if you
        can't find them easily. This group is pretty generous
        and patient, so don't worry about asking again.

        If you're thinking of e-mail messages for your
        personal e-mail, those messages reside with your
        personal e-mail account. For instance, if you have
        Yahoo Mail, your messages reside in your "sent" file
        or "inbox".

        Daryl
        --- Nancy Hyden Woodward <villars@...> wrote:

        > In posting the below query just now, I forgot to say
        > that the e-mail
        > programme on the macmini came with it.:
        >
        > Last month, I upgraded OS 10.3.9 (Panther) on the
        > macmini to 0S 10.4.6
        > (Tiger).
        > If not on this list, can you point me where I might
        > learn how to
        > recapture the then existing e-mails on Panther
        > before the upgrade?
        > The address book made the move but not the e-mails
        > themselves. I am
        > desperate for information from a couple of them.
        > Could I get them back by returning to Tiger?
        > Thanks.
        > Nancy Hyden Woodward

      • Nancy Hyden Woodward
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
          Thanks, but the messages I am trying to retrieve have nothing to do
          with wordperfect. I happen to have Yahoo Mail but have never used it.
          I get messages there all the time but the yare from individuals and
          groups suggesting this, that and the other. I just go there
          periodically to delete them.