Macros: Box anchor r/o variable?

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2007
      Is there a read-only variable indicating current user setting of
      graphic/text box etc. anchor (character, paragraph, page)? This
      is set in Prefs > Environment > Graphics. I can't find a variable
      for it.

      John R.
    • David Southall
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 21, 2007

        > Is there a read-only variable indicating current user setting of
        > graphic/text box etc. anchor (character, paragraph, page)? This
        > is set in Prefs > Environment > Graphics. I can't find a variable
        > for it.
        >
        > John R.

        Hi John

        If you still have the list of Raw Object Codes you may be able to do
        what you want.

        If the Raw Object Codes list did not show the ranges required you
        could experiment with a document containing only the one object in
        which you are interested by changing the attributes and reading the
        RawRead values returned.

        You use RawRead(anything, right) to find the only Object Type and get
        its value.

        RawObjectType will tell you the object code and ensure you find the
        correct object in a more complex document.

        This used to work during beta development by allowing you to determine
        the values of new undocumented features.

        I don't have time to see if this works with this function but if you
        are in a hurry this may help.

        I don't have my old RawRead list anywhere online and it did not show
        up with a quick Google search on the net.

        Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year.

        Regards David
      • David Southall
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 21, 2007
          John

          I just remembered the easy way to get the information.

          In the macros I sent you earlier this year is a macro called Variables
          (Directories) EZ.

          Run it

          Select Raw Object and then with the RawObject Dialog Box showing use
          Raw Read Right and Raw Read Left from the menu to display the codes
          you need to make a simple script to extract the information you want
          to use.

          Regards David
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 21, 2007
            I'm looking for a persistent setting, not a value in a specific document.
            The user sets the graphic anchor in Prefs and that governs new box
            anchors in all documents.

            But I took a look at codes with Raw Read.
            This is for a text box that can be anchored to paragraph or page. When
            anchored to paragraph (i.e. the specific box is anchored that way,
            regardless of the Prefs setting), I get a variable list of codes. That is,
            when I re-anchor the box the codes change but don't match the last
            set for that anchor.

            I have a list of object codes in my Scripting Guide. I forget now
            how I derived it, but it does not include some of the codes I'm seeing
            here.

            John R.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 21, 2007
              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "David Southall" <dragoroo@...> wrote:

              > I just remembered the easy way to get the information.
              >
              > In the macros I sent you earlier this year is a macro called Variables
              > (Directories) EZ.

              That's a handy tool. It and your EZ Indent Macro Text are both in the
              Files section here.

              > Select Raw Object and then with the RawObject Dialog Box showing use
              > Raw Read Right and Raw Read Left from the menu to display the codes
              > you need to make a simple script to extract the information you want
              > to use.

              This gives me the codes I got with the Raw Read command itself,
              although your tool makes it easier. I think the persistent prefs setting
              would not be reflected in these codes, though.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 21, 2007
                --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "David Southall" <dragoroo@...> wrote:

                > Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year.

                To you too, and to all group members.