Re: Acceptable ROMs/Systems for SheepShaver

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "r_a_y_jay" <wordperfect@...> wrote:

      > Is either [ROM file] better than the other?

      Not to my knowledge.

      > am I right in thinking that I can't use 9.2
      > with SheepShaver (I haven't still got anything older)? Is that an inherent
      > problem or something that may be addressed in future?

      Apple changed something, I think memory management, in 9.1. SS at
      present does not work with an OS later than 9.0.4. SS is under active
      development, but I don't know what would need to be changed for
      9.2 compatibility.

      John R.
    • r_a_y_jay
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
        Thanks for the speedy reply, John

        Richard
      • addabad
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 19, 2007
          Hello,

          My name is Adam Rogers. And here is my problem. I have a
          Macintosh ibook with os x 10.5. and no classic. So I cannot
          run the program, but I'd like to. How can I get it again.
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 19, 2007
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "addabad" <addabad@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > My name is Adam Rogers. And here is my problem. I have a
            > Macintosh ibook with os x 10.5. and no classic. So I cannot
            > run the program, but I'd like to. How can I get it again.

            In the Description on this group's home page, you'll see reference
            to a PDF document called ""Getting Started with WP Mac". This
            covers all machines and OS versions.