Re: question about MacBook and Bootcamp

  • thomasbriant
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2007
      John and all:

      I have installed Codeweavers Crossover for Mac OS X. It has worked well with Office Pro
      97.

      I have tried repeatedly to install WPWIn (versions 9, 11, and X3) to no avail. The install dies
      when the installer cannot detect the Windows Help System.

      So another approach was taken.

      I installed the free Virtualbox virtualization software from www.virtualbox.org. I installed
      Windows XP SP1 and then installed WPWin 9 and 11. Success!

      Virtualbox didn't work with Apple's Bonjour for Windows Printing Wizard software. So I
      used John's setup from Sheepshaver. I specified a Postscript printer in Windows and had it
      print to a file in the printer folder set up by Sheepshaver.

      Virtualbox is not as polished as VMWare or Parallels, but it is FREE! I didn't have to deal
      with the command line, but dealt with a rational GUI.

      Tom Briant