Re: [wpmac] Re: question about MacBook and Bootcamp

  • Marrott, Robert L.
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2007
      I¹ve always wondered where the ³links² section is on the email page. I don¹t
      see it.

      RLM

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Marrott, Robert L." <marrottr@...> wrote:

        > I¹ve always wondered where the ³links² section is on the email page. I don¹t
        > see it.
        >
        > RLM
        >

        > On 11/30/0

        Links, Files etc. are in the list on the left.

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 4, 2007
          Codeweaver does a commercial, polished (and apparently pretty good)
          version of Wine, which provides Windows API's for several OS
          environments, including Linux and OSX. Wine is open-source and seems
          to be benefitting from rapid development. Compatibility with some
          programs is an issue, e.g. MS Word 2000 runs very well; Word 2003
          not as well under the current release. I could not find information about
          WPWin. IAC I plan to stay tuned to both Codeweaver and Wine, the latter
          at http://www.winehq.org/

          John R.

          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Joe Edgell <joeedgell@...> wrote:

          > You may be able to use Codeweaver's CrossOver Mac to get WordPerfect
          > to run without a copy of Windows. See http://www.codeweavers.com/
          > products/cxmac/
          >
          > Joe
          >

          > On Dec 1, 2007, at 12:05 AM, Joe Koehl wrote:
          >
          > > Pardon my ignorance, but if I have a new MacBook with Bootcamp, can
          > > I simply purchase Wordperfect and install it wihout any additional
          > > steps? My understanding was that Bootcamp made it possible to run
          > > PC designed programs.
        • thomasbriant
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 4, 2007
            John and all:

            I have installed Codeweavers Crossover for Mac OS X. It has worked well with Office Pro
            97.

            I have tried repeatedly to install WPWIn (versions 9, 11, and X3) to no avail. The install dies
            when the installer cannot detect the Windows Help System.

            So another approach was taken.

            I installed the free Virtualbox virtualization software from www.virtualbox.org. I installed
            Windows XP SP1 and then installed WPWin 9 and 11. Success!

            Virtualbox didn't work with Apple's Bonjour for Windows Printing Wizard software. So I
            used John's setup from Sheepshaver. I specified a Postscript printer in Windows and had it
            print to a file in the printer folder set up by Sheepshaver.

            Virtualbox is not as polished as VMWare or Parallels, but it is FREE! I didn't have to deal
            with the command line, but dealt with a rational GUI.

            Tom Briant