size of unix root folder

  • hacky8sack
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2007
      To anyone:
      I'm hoping to upgrade to an intel machine and continue to use wp3.5e
      under SS, but I'm worried about being able to access my many, many old
      wp files. I understand the unix root folder is what SS and wp can
      "see", and that one can assign it to be the same as the document
      folder of OS X. But can it be any size? I have at least 7 or 8 GB of
      files that I would want to be able to access -- meaning I would want
      to be able to browse through my files, and then open the file of my
      choosing with wp. Can one set this folder to be as large as this, or
      is there some inherent size limit?
      Steve
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007
        I forget when it was that the OS was updated to handle disk/folder sizes
        larger than 2 gb. SheepShaver itself shouldn't have a constraint, although
        I'd increase the ram allocation in SheepShaverGUI if I noticed any problems
        after assigning a large folder to the unix root.

        John R.