Re: [wpmac] WP 3.x to Unicode

  • shingonorg
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2007
      Thank You for the suggestion.

      I have tried saving using the MSWord 5.0 and 6.0 option (in 3.5).
      Neo office requires a Japanese plugin (which I installed) it
      converts the English text but does not convert the Japanese Textin
      long documents. It simply leaves it blank. It works fine for text
      that is inputted from the keyboard but not from the import function.

      I will send you a sample, in a few days. I am in Tokyo and will send
      it upon my return to Nara Japan.

      Thank you for your assistance.

      PS I am using a non Mac computer at the Hotel.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Smokey Ardisson
      <smokey.ardisson@...> wrote:

      > On Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:09 pm ((PST)), "shingonorg" <shingon@...>
      wrote:

      > >I use English and Japanese, which has two bit encoding for
      > >letters. I have used it from OS 7 to 9.2, with WP 2.0, 3.0,
      > >3.1J, 3.5 and 3.5e.
      > >
      > >I have upgraded to intel Macs and I am having trouble with
      > >opening the files. I have saved it in most formats and
      > >tried to open in in Word, Open Text, Abiword, neotext. The
      > >result is parts of the file are garbled. The programs in
      > >ODT format, even with the Japanese Language Pack will not
      > >import Japanese. Those sections are blank but it does
      > >import the English text.
      >
      > Three of those four programs use the libwpd library to perform
      their
      > conversion, and libwpd does not currently support converting
      > non-Roman scripts in WP-Mac documents.
      >
      > I've never tried this myself (not having any English-Japanese WP-
      Mac