[wpmac] Re: Diacritical characters lost when being printed

  • internether
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 27, 2007

      > >John Rethorst wrote:
      > >
      > >I don't know whether ASCII or Binary is better, or why. This choice
      > >is also in the Adobe Postscript driver included with the SheepShaver
      > >install. Anyone know?
      >
      > It shouldn't affect the printed output. Binary produces a smaller
      > Postscript file, whereas ASCII produces a human-readable Postscript
      > file that you actually can edit if you understand the Postscript
      > language.
      > --
      >
      > Bob Stern

      Thanks to all who replied on my request for help, I managed to get WP to print the
      diacritical characters again. I reinstalled the LaserWriter, deleted the preferences and
      changed the settings (print to file>include fonts: all but the 13 standard fonts, font
      settings> use standard settings) and what did the trick, I don't know, but it works.

      Actually there is only one strong reason to keep on using WP: I once made a
      calendar_macro the exactly matches my wishes. The other files of my immense collection
      of WP documents can be - with some layout work - relatively easy converted to more
      modern (looking) word processors. With the result of my request for help I decided to
      postpone the transition again. Thank you once again.
      Paul Meijer (NL)