Another Inane Newbie Question

  • david.stanley74
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2007
      First, let me thank all of those who bothered to reply to my query on
      this forum. I appreciate the time you took trying to help me. I read
      all your suggestions, did some research, and came up with this course
      of action: I contacted the administrator of the project I will be
      working on and begged like a dog for a dispensation, explaining all
      the difficulties with WP and Mac. I was not too worried about the
      actual translation, but the formatting was a big issue. The agency has
      a fairly strict formatting guide for submitting reports – even if I
      could translate my report I was reasonably sure the formatting would
      be shot. Fortunately for me the administrator saw my point of view and
      will take the WP clause out of the contract.
      I agree with the statement that Microsoft Word is a horrible program.
      I have been using it since I bought my first Mac in 1990 and have
      learned to tame the beast somewhat, but it is still a huge effort. I
      would be a customer if a version of WP is ever developed for OS X.
      Thanks again for all your help. Dave