Re: Notes on Sheepshaver

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Michael Myers <mhmyers@...>
      wrote:

      > Making the Unix root the Documents folder does not work
      > for me. I can only get Users/Shared to mount.

      Can you assign a new folder within the Documents folder?

      John R.
    • Michael Myers
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
        On Nov 2, 2007, at 2:08 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Michael Myers <mhmyers@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        >> Making the Unix root the Documents folder does not work
        >> for me. I can only get Users/Shared to mount.
        >
        > Can you assign a new folder within the Documents folder?
        >
        > John R.

        Yes! That works. Thank you.

        Michael Myers
        http:/www.mhmyers.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
          > >> Making the Unix root the Documents folder does not work
          > >> for me. I can only get Users/Shared to mount.
          > >
          > > Can you assign a new folder within the Documents folder?
          >
          > Yes! That works. Thank you.

          The setup many people prefer is what you have now, a
          small transfer folder, into which you can drag to
          move, or option-drag to copy, any documents you want
          to have on your SheepShaver volume. Or, you could
          make a new folder at the same level as your Documents
          folder, move everything from Documents into it, trash
          the empty Documents folder, rename the new folder
          "Documents" and attach the SS unix volume to that.
          That's more convenient access to all your documents,
          but it makes the unix volume much larger.

          In any case, make a folder within whatever you choose
          as the transfer/unix folder, name it something like
          SS Print/PDF folder, and attach the folder action
          script to it. You're done.