Re: [wpmac] Two additional successes with SheepShaver

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
      Printing under Sheepshaver seems to be a case of using adobe printer
      and that will link to whatever printer OS X is using - if that's a
      network printer, off it goes. No problems yet.

      Geoff

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007

        > Printing under Sheepshaver seems to be a case of using adobe
        > printer and that will link to whatever printer OS X is
        > using - if that's a network printer, off it goes. No
        > problems yet.

        Correct. The Adobe driver just makes a postscript file
        in the designated folder. The folder action sees the
        new file and prints it, using default printer and
        settings, or opens it with the default application for
        postscript documents, which is Preview.

        John R.
      • ted_m_p_lee
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
          <jrethorst@...> wrote:

          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@> wrote:
          >
          > > Printing under Sheepshaver seems to be a case of using adobe
          > > printer and that will link to whatever printer OS X is
          > > using - if that's a network printer, off it goes. No
          > > problems yet.
          >
          > Correct. The Adobe driver just makes a postscript file
          > in the designated folder. The folder action sees the
          > new file and prints it, using default printer and
          > settings, or opens it with the default application for
          > postscript documents, which is Preview.

          Just to make sure people see it again -- it also works that way with
          the Laserwriter 8 driver -- I needed to use that when the Adobe
          driver didn't seem work with Mangia (it did work with WP.)

          Ted Lee
          Minnetonka, MN