Re: Two additional successes with SheepShaver

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
      <jrethorst@...> wrote:

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ted_m_p_lee" <tmplee@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jpwav716 <jpwav716@> wrote:
      >
      > > then you navigate to the folder in the "unix" drive that's
      > > been set up and that's all it takes.
      >
      > That navigation should stick, from one session to the next.

      I think it did, but I probably did confuse things by having to go to
      the Laserwriter 8 driver for Mangia.

      > > Oh, yes, I did have
      > > to follow the instructions to get the folder-action on
      > > the OS X side to take.
      >
      > The folder actions machinery is a little quirky, even in
      > Tiger (I understand Leopard has addressed the issue). You
      > may have to disable folder actions, re-enable them, assign
      > the printing/PDF script to the folder, and log out and in.

      All I remember is following your instructions and it worked fine
      thereafter -- whatever I did, I only did once.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
        Printing under Sheepshaver seems to be a case of using adobe printer
        and that will link to whatever printer OS X is using - if that's a
        network printer, off it goes. No problems yet.

        Geoff

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007

          > Printing under Sheepshaver seems to be a case of using adobe
          > printer and that will link to whatever printer OS X is
          > using - if that's a network printer, off it goes. No
          > problems yet.

          Correct. The Adobe driver just makes a postscript file
          in the designated folder. The folder action sees the
          new file and prints it, using default printer and
          settings, or opens it with the default application for
          postscript documents, which is Preview.

          John R.
        • ted_m_p_lee
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
            <jrethorst@...> wrote:

            > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@> wrote:
            >
            > > Printing under Sheepshaver seems to be a case of using adobe
            > > printer and that will link to whatever printer OS X is
            > > using - if that's a network printer, off it goes. No
            > > problems yet.
            >
            > Correct. The Adobe driver just makes a postscript file
            > in the designated folder. The folder action sees the
            > new file and prints it, using default printer and
            > settings, or opens it with the default application for
            > postscript documents, which is Preview.

            Just to make sure people see it again -- it also works that way with
            the Laserwriter 8 driver -- I needed to use that when the Adobe
            driver didn't seem work with Mangia (it did work with WP.)

            Ted Lee
            Minnetonka, MN