Re: [wpmac] Two additional successes with SheepShaver

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jpwav716 <jpwav716@...> wrote:

      > Don't tell anyone, but they all (including WP) just feel better
      under SheepShaver than Classic!

      I agree. SheepShaver is more Classic than Classic!

      John R.
    • ted_m_p_lee
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jpwav716 <jpwav716@...> wrote:

        > Are you printing to a directly connected printer or a Network printer?
        > If a network printer, how did you accomplish it?

        Yes, it is an ethernet network printer. Brother something or other. I
        didn't do anything in particular -- it just worked! It's the only
        printer I have and I imagine it's set as the default in OS X. I
        followed the instructions in John's package. Using either the Adobe PS
        or Laserwriter 8 driver it comes up with the print-to-file dialogue and
        then you navigate to the folder in the "unix" drive that's been set up
        and that's all it takes. Oh, yes, I did have to follow the
        instructions to get the folder-action on the OS X side to take.

        Ted Lee
        Minnetonka, MN
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ted_m_p_lee" <tmplee@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jpwav716 <jpwav716@> wrote:

          > then you navigate to the folder in the "unix" drive that's
          > been set up and that's all it takes.

          That navigation should stick, from one session to the next.

          > Oh, yes, I did have
          > to follow the instructions to get the folder-action on
          > the OS X side to take.

          The folder actions machinery is a little quirky, even in
          Tiger (I understand Leopard has addressed the issue). You
          may have to disable folder actions, re-enable them, assign
          the printing/PDF script to the folder, and log out and in.

          John R.
        • ted_m_p_lee
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
            <jrethorst@...> wrote:

            > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ted_m_p_lee" <tmplee@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jpwav716 <jpwav716@> wrote:
            >
            > > then you navigate to the folder in the "unix" drive that's
            > > been set up and that's all it takes.
            >
            > That navigation should stick, from one session to the next.

            I think it did, but I probably did confuse things by having to go to
            the Laserwriter 8 driver for Mangia.

            > > Oh, yes, I did have
            > > to follow the instructions to get the folder-action on
            > > the OS X side to take.
            >
            > The folder actions machinery is a little quirky, even in
            > Tiger (I understand Leopard has addressed the issue). You
            > may have to disable folder actions, re-enable them, assign
            > the printing/PDF script to the folder, and log out and in.

            All I remember is following your instructions and it worked fine
            thereafter -- whatever I did, I only did once.

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
              Printing under Sheepshaver seems to be a case of using adobe printer
              and that will link to whatever printer OS X is using - if that's a
              network printer, off it goes. No problems yet.

              Geoff

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007

                > Printing under Sheepshaver seems to be a case of using adobe
                > printer and that will link to whatever printer OS X is
                > using - if that's a network printer, off it goes. No
                > problems yet.

                Correct. The Adobe driver just makes a postscript file
                in the designated folder. The folder action sees the
                new file and prints it, using default printer and
                settings, or opens it with the default application for
                postscript documents, which is Preview.

                John R.
              • ted_m_p_lee
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
                  <jrethorst@...> wrote:

                  > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Printing under Sheepshaver seems to be a case of using adobe
                  > > printer and that will link to whatever printer OS X is
                  > > using - if that's a network printer, off it goes. No
                  > > problems yet.
                  >
                  > Correct. The Adobe driver just makes a postscript file
                  > in the designated folder. The folder action sees the
                  > new file and prints it, using default printer and
                  > settings, or opens it with the default application for
                  > postscript documents, which is Preview.

                  Just to make sure people see it again -- it also works that way with
                  the Laserwriter 8 driver -- I needed to use that when the Adobe
                  driver didn't seem work with Mangia (it did work with WP.)

                  Ted Lee
                  Minnetonka, MN