Blessing a system folder (was:sheepshaver question)

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, philo_doozy <no_reply@...>
      wrote:

      > Anyway, I have an OS 8.5 System folder. I replaced the 7.5 with it.
      > Sheepshaver starts fine. Most things work. (The apple menu is
      empty.)
      > But the System Folder does not get its special icon. And when I
      shutdown
      > I get a warning that there is no valid System Folder, so that
      starting up
      > again may be impossible. But starting up again works.

      Open the 8.5 system folder and double-click on the Finder. A dialog
      will say it can't be opened. Ok that and close the folder. Does it now
      have its special badge, i.e. is it "blessed"? If so, it should then
      start up from that folder without problems. I'd only have one system
      folder on a volume at one time, though.