Re: Notes on Sheepshaver

  • philo_doozy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
      A good place for Sheepshaver/Mac discussion (not related to Word Perfect)
      is the E-Maculation site. (A bit confusing: there is separate registration for E-Maculation and
      E-Maculation Forums).

      http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Michael Myers <mhmyers@...>
        wrote:

        > Making the Unix root the Documents folder does not work
        > for me. I can only get Users/Shared to mount.

        Can you assign a new folder within the Documents folder?

        John R.
      • Michael Myers
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
          On Nov 2, 2007, at 2:08 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Michael Myers <mhmyers@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          >> Making the Unix root the Documents folder does not work
          >> for me. I can only get Users/Shared to mount.
          >
          > Can you assign a new folder within the Documents folder?
          >
          > John R.

          Yes! That works. Thank you.

          Michael Myers
          http:/www.mhmyers.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
            > >> Making the Unix root the Documents folder does not work
            > >> for me. I can only get Users/Shared to mount.
            > >
            > > Can you assign a new folder within the Documents folder?
            >
            > Yes! That works. Thank you.

            The setup many people prefer is what you have now, a
            small transfer folder, into which you can drag to
            move, or option-drag to copy, any documents you want
            to have on your SheepShaver volume. Or, you could
            make a new folder at the same level as your Documents
            folder, move everything from Documents into it, trash
            the empty Documents folder, rename the new folder
            "Documents" and attach the SS unix volume to that.
            That's more convenient access to all your documents,
            but it makes the unix volume much larger.

            In any case, make a folder within whatever you choose
            as the transfer/unix folder, name it something like
            SS Print/PDF folder, and attach the folder action
            script to it. You're done.