Re: [wpmac] Its Official

  • Douglas Bouley
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 28, 2007
      Hi, Tina,

      I've used virtual desktops for years in the 'nix world. I make a
      "functional group" on a given desktop, lumping together similar tasks.
      One example of how I have used them is like this:

      1 desktop has a full-sized browser open
      1 desktop has mail clients (2, in my case)
      1 desktop has stacked terminal sessions with SSH connections to my
      servers (I am a UNIX SysAdmin)
      1 desktop has a WinXPP session open on the corporate Windows network

      And don't tell the boss, but I've been known to put up a movie on a
      separate desktop every so often...

      That's one general idea anyway. When I install 10.5 on my MBP, I may
      very well assign a desktop to a Parallels session, as well.

      Doug

      Switching between major functions thus becomes very clean and simple.