Re: Cannot save to postscript

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 18, 2007
      > > You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
      > > a free download from their website.

      > Thanks Bob, but I have the Postscript driver already.

      Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
      print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
      download in the Links section here.

      John R.
    • chumknee
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
        > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
        > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
        > download in the Links section here.
        >
        > John R.

        I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
        when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
        applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
        and it didn't help.

        However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
        CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
        user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
        WordPerfect preferences.
      • dgoedseels
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

          > > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
          > > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
          > > download in the Links section here.
          > >
          > > John R.
          >
          > I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
          > when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
          > applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
          > and it didn't help.
          >
          > However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
          > CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
          > user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
          > WordPerfect preferences.

          looks like you try to save the .ps to a location where you don't have
          write permissions? If you're convinced you should be able to put the
          ps where youu intend to, then you might run "disk utility" (in your
          applications/utilities folder), select your hard drive/volume and run
          the Repair Disk Permissions

          Dirk
        • Maryann Stopha Reissig
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 23, 2007
            Has anyone figured out how to get AppleTalk to work? I¹m running 9.0.4 with
            the latest SS. I¹d love to be able to print to network printers instead of
            printing to pdf.

            Thanks!

            From: chumknee <chumknee@...>
            Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:42:22 -0000