Re: Cannot save to postscript

  • chumknee
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 15, 2007
      > Which means you're just running "Classic" on your PPC, and not SS?
      > Correct?
      >
      > Dirk

      That is correct.
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 18, 2007
        > > You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
        > > a free download from their website.

        > Thanks Bob, but I have the Postscript driver already.

        Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
        print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
        download in the Links section here.

        John R.
      • chumknee
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
          > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
          > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
          > download in the Links section here.
          >
          > John R.

          I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
          when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
          applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
          and it didn't help.

          However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
          CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
          user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
          WordPerfect preferences.
        • dgoedseels
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

            > > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
            > > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
            > > download in the Links section here.
            > >
            > > John R.
            >
            > I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
            > when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
            > applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
            > and it didn't help.
            >
            > However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
            > CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
            > user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
            > WordPerfect preferences.

            looks like you try to save the .ps to a location where you don't have
            write permissions? If you're convinced you should be able to put the
            ps where youu intend to, then you might run "disk utility" (in your
            applications/utilities folder), select your hard drive/volume and run
            the Repair Disk Permissions

            Dirk
          • Maryann Stopha Reissig
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 23, 2007
              Has anyone figured out how to get AppleTalk to work? I¹m running 9.0.4 with
              the latest SS. I¹d love to be able to print to network printers instead of
              printing to pdf.

              Thanks!

              From: chumknee <chumknee@...>
              Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:42:22 -0000