Re: Cannot save to postscript

  • chumknee
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007

      > You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
      > a free download from their website.
      > --
      >
      > Bob Stern

      Thanks Bob, but I have the Postscript driver already.
    • dgoedseels
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@>
        wrote:

        > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@> wrote:
        > >
        > > > I need to print multiple pages of a document and cannot
        > > > save to postcript. I have done this in the past.
        > >
        > > What OS? What chip (PPC or Intel)?
        > >
        > > John R.
        > >
        > OS 10.4.10 and PPC
        >
        > Trisha

        Which means you're just running "Classic" on your PPC, and not SS?
        Correct?

        Dirk
      • chumknee
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 15, 2007
          > Which means you're just running "Classic" on your PPC, and not SS?
          > Correct?
          >
          > Dirk

          That is correct.
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 18, 2007
            > > You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
            > > a free download from their website.

            > Thanks Bob, but I have the Postscript driver already.

            Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
            print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
            download in the Links section here.

            John R.
          • chumknee
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
              > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
              > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
              > download in the Links section here.
              >
              > John R.

              I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
              when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
              applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
              and it didn't help.

              However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
              CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
              user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
              WordPerfect preferences.
            • dgoedseels
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
                --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

                > > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
                > > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
                > > download in the Links section here.
                > >
                > > John R.
                >
                > I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
                > when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
                > applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
                > and it didn't help.
                >
                > However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
                > CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
                > user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
                > WordPerfect preferences.

                looks like you try to save the .ps to a location where you don't have
                write permissions? If you're convinced you should be able to put the
                ps where youu intend to, then you might run "disk utility" (in your
                applications/utilities folder), select your hard drive/volume and run
                the Repair Disk Permissions

                Dirk
              • Maryann Stopha Reissig
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 23, 2007
                  Has anyone figured out how to get AppleTalk to work? I¹m running 9.0.4 with
                  the latest SS. I¹d love to be able to print to network printers instead of
                  printing to pdf.

                  Thanks!

                  From: chumknee <chumknee@...>
                  Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:42:22 -0000