Re: [wpmac] Cannot save to postscript

  • Bob Stern
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 10, 2007
      You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
      a free download from their website.
      --

      Bob Stern
    • chumknee
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007

        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@> wrote:
        >
        > > I need to print multiple pages of a document and cannot
        > > save to postcript. I have done this in the past.
        >
        > What OS? What chip (PPC or Intel)?
        >
        > John R.

        OS 10.4.10 and PPC

        Trisha
      • chumknee
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007

          > You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
          > a free download from their website.
          > --
          >
          > Bob Stern

          Thanks Bob, but I have the Postscript driver already.
        • dgoedseels
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

            > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@>
            wrote:

            > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > I need to print multiple pages of a document and cannot
            > > > save to postcript. I have done this in the past.
            > >
            > > What OS? What chip (PPC or Intel)?
            > >
            > > John R.
            > >
            > OS 10.4.10 and PPC
            >
            > Trisha

            Which means you're just running "Classic" on your PPC, and not SS?
            Correct?

            Dirk
          • chumknee
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 15, 2007
              > Which means you're just running "Classic" on your PPC, and not SS?
              > Correct?
              >
              > Dirk

              That is correct.
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 18, 2007
                > > You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
                > > a free download from their website.

                > Thanks Bob, but I have the Postscript driver already.

                Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
                print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
                download in the Links section here.

                John R.
              • chumknee
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
                  > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
                  > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
                  > download in the Links section here.
                  >
                  > John R.

                  I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
                  when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
                  applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
                  and it didn't help.

                  However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
                  CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
                  user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
                  WordPerfect preferences.
                • dgoedseels
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
                    --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

                    > > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
                    > > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
                    > > download in the Links section here.
                    > >
                    > > John R.
                    >
                    > I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
                    > when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
                    > applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
                    > and it didn't help.
                    >
                    > However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
                    > CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
                    > user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
                    > WordPerfect preferences.

                    looks like you try to save the .ps to a location where you don't have
                    write permissions? If you're convinced you should be able to put the
                    ps where youu intend to, then you might run "disk utility" (in your
                    applications/utilities folder), select your hard drive/volume and run
                    the Repair Disk Permissions

                    Dirk
                  • Maryann Stopha Reissig
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 23, 2007
                      Has anyone figured out how to get AppleTalk to work? I¹m running 9.0.4 with
                      the latest SS. I¹d love to be able to print to network printers instead of
                      printing to pdf.

                      Thanks!

                      From: chumknee <chumknee@...>
                      Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:42:22 -0000