Re: Cannot save to postscript

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 10, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

      > I need to print multiple pages of a document and cannot
      > save to postcript. I have done this in the past.

      What OS? What chip (PPC or Intel)?

      John R.
    • Bob Stern
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 10, 2007
        You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
        a free download from their website.
        --

        Bob Stern
      • chumknee
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007

          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@> wrote:
          >
          > > I need to print multiple pages of a document and cannot
          > > save to postcript. I have done this in the past.
          >
          > What OS? What chip (PPC or Intel)?
          >
          > John R.

          OS 10.4.10 and PPC

          Trisha
        • chumknee
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007

            > You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
            > a free download from their website.
            > --
            >
            > Bob Stern

            Thanks Bob, but I have the Postscript driver already.
          • dgoedseels
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007
              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

              > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@>
              wrote:

              > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@> wrote:
              > >
              > > > I need to print multiple pages of a document and cannot
              > > > save to postcript. I have done this in the past.
              > >
              > > What OS? What chip (PPC or Intel)?
              > >
              > > John R.
              > >
              > OS 10.4.10 and PPC
              >
              > Trisha

              Which means you're just running "Classic" on your PPC, and not SS?
              Correct?

              Dirk
            • chumknee
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 15, 2007
                > Which means you're just running "Classic" on your PPC, and not SS?
                > Correct?
                >
                > Dirk

                That is correct.
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 18, 2007
                  > > You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
                  > > a free download from their website.

                  > Thanks Bob, but I have the Postscript driver already.

                  Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
                  print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
                  download in the Links section here.

                  John R.
                • chumknee
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
                    > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
                    > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
                    > download in the Links section here.
                    >
                    > John R.

                    I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
                    when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
                    applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
                    and it didn't help.

                    However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
                    CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
                    user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
                    WordPerfect preferences.
                  • dgoedseels
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
                      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

                      > > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
                      > > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
                      > > download in the Links section here.
                      > >
                      > > John R.
                      >
                      > I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
                      > when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
                      > applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
                      > and it didn't help.
                      >
                      > However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
                      > CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
                      > user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
                      > WordPerfect preferences.

                      looks like you try to save the .ps to a location where you don't have
                      write permissions? If you're convinced you should be able to put the
                      ps where youu intend to, then you might run "disk utility" (in your
                      applications/utilities folder), select your hard drive/volume and run
                      the Repair Disk Permissions

                      Dirk
                    • Maryann Stopha Reissig
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 23, 2007
                        Has anyone figured out how to get AppleTalk to work? I¹m running 9.0.4 with
                        the latest SS. I¹d love to be able to print to network printers instead of
                        printing to pdf.

                        Thanks!

                        From: chumknee <chumknee@...>
                        Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:42:22 -0000