Cannot save to postscript

  • chumknee
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 10, 2007
      I need to print multiple pages of a document and cannot save to postcript. I have done
      this in the past.

      I tried to save (I do get the screen to switch to the save option in the bottom right hand
      corner) to "file" via the box in the upper right hand corner-called "Destination"- of the
      print dialog box.

      I then tried, I think it is called a drop down box, under the Printer name which usually says
      "General" with arrows. When I click on that box the last choice is "Save as File".

      I then tried choosing "Corel Wordperfect" in the drop down bo,x and on that screen
      Destination "File.

      Nothing works. The first thing I tried was throwing away the preferences but it didn't help.
      This is the error message I get after a dialog box says it has "spooled" and another dialog
      box says it is "printing". This dialog box pops up in the middle of those two.

      An unknown error has occurred.

      ID= -5000

      This happens with two different printers.

      Does any one have any suggestions?
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 10, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

        > I need to print multiple pages of a document and cannot
        > save to postcript. I have done this in the past.

        What OS? What chip (PPC or Intel)?

        John R.
      • Bob Stern
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 10, 2007
          You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
          a free download from their website.
          --

          Bob Stern
        • chumknee
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007

            > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@> wrote:
            >
            > > I need to print multiple pages of a document and cannot
            > > save to postcript. I have done this in the past.
            >
            > What OS? What chip (PPC or Intel)?
            >
            > John R.

            OS 10.4.10 and PPC

            Trisha
          • chumknee
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007

              > You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
              > a free download from their website.
              > --
              >
              > Bob Stern

              Thanks Bob, but I have the Postscript driver already.
            • dgoedseels
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007
                --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

                > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@>
                wrote:

                > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@> wrote:
                > >
                > > > I need to print multiple pages of a document and cannot
                > > > save to postcript. I have done this in the past.
                > >
                > > What OS? What chip (PPC or Intel)?
                > >
                > > John R.
                > >
                > OS 10.4.10 and PPC
                >
                > Trisha

                Which means you're just running "Classic" on your PPC, and not SS?
                Correct?

                Dirk
              • chumknee
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 15, 2007
                  > Which means you're just running "Classic" on your PPC, and not SS?
                  > Correct?
                  >
                  > Dirk

                  That is correct.
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 18, 2007
                    > > You might try installing the Adobe Postscript driver for OS 9. It's
                    > > a free download from their website.

                    > Thanks Bob, but I have the Postscript driver already.

                    Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
                    print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
                    download in the Links section here.

                    John R.
                  • chumknee
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
                      > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
                      > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
                      > download in the Links section here.
                      >
                      > John R.

                      I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
                      when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
                      applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
                      and it didn't help.

                      However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
                      CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
                      user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
                      WordPerfect preferences.
                    • dgoedseels
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 22, 2007
                        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "chumknee" <chumknee@...> wrote:

                        > > Have you selected it in the Chooser? Previously, were you able to
                        > > print to file with the LaserWriter 8 driver? That's also a free
                        > > download in the Links section here.
                        > >
                        > > John R.
                        >
                        > I have Laserwriter 8.7.3 on my computer, and that is what pops up
                        > when I try to save to file. I tossed the preferences in main drive--
                        > applications--classic--systems folder--preferences, once again
                        > and it didn't help.
                        >
                        > However! I just tried logging in as another user--and that user
                        > CAN save to postscript. So do you know what is unique to the
                        > user? I tried my user--library--preferences but didn't see any
                        > WordPerfect preferences.

                        looks like you try to save the .ps to a location where you don't have
                        write permissions? If you're convinced you should be able to put the
                        ps where youu intend to, then you might run "disk utility" (in your
                        applications/utilities folder), select your hard drive/volume and run
                        the Repair Disk Permissions

                        Dirk
                      • Maryann Stopha Reissig
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 23, 2007
                          Has anyone figured out how to get AppleTalk to work? I¹m running 9.0.4 with
                          the latest SS. I¹d love to be able to print to network printers instead of
                          printing to pdf.

                          Thanks!

                          From: chumknee <chumknee@...>
                          Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:42:22 -0000