Re: Copying stuff to Home Folder [from SheepShaver]

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "George B. Richardson" <gbr@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, John. That worked nicely. Last [I hope] question: Can I
      > rename the UNIX hard drive icon that is sitting on the SheepShaver
      > desktop? I wasn't able to do so with the usual click on the icon and
      > change the name.

      I don't see a way to do that.

      > I still have the problems that copying certain folders to the OS X
      > side from SheepShaver causes SheepShaver to crash. I think I'll
      > simply have to live with that. At least I can get stuff from one side
      > to the other.

      "certain folders" -- have you tried putting their contents into new
      folders and copying those? Otherwise, are these folders recognizable
      by some characteristic, e.g. size, that they all share?

      IAC to copy much volume from one side to the other, quit SS, open
      its volume .dmg in OSX and drag. Then unmount the volume and
      start SS again. Don't forget to unmount the volume in OSX before
      mounting it in SS.