Re: Copying stuff to Home Folder [from SheepShaver]

  • George B. Richardson
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
      Thanks, John. That worked nicely. Last [I hope] question: Can I
      rename the UNIX hard drive icon that is sitting on the SheepShaver
      desktop? I wasn't able to do so with the usual click on the icon and
      change the name.

      I still have the problems that copying certain folders to the OS X
      side from SheepShaver causes SheepShaver to crash. I think I'll
      simply have to live with that. At least I can get stuff from one side
      to the other.

      Thanks, again.
      GeorgeR.
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "George B. Richardson" <gbr@...> wrote:

        > Thanks, John. That worked nicely. Last [I hope] question: Can I
        > rename the UNIX hard drive icon that is sitting on the SheepShaver
        > desktop? I wasn't able to do so with the usual click on the icon and
        > change the name.

        I don't see a way to do that.

        > I still have the problems that copying certain folders to the OS X
        > side from SheepShaver causes SheepShaver to crash. I think I'll
        > simply have to live with that. At least I can get stuff from one side
        > to the other.

        "certain folders" -- have you tried putting their contents into new
        folders and copying those? Otherwise, are these folders recognizable
        by some characteristic, e.g. size, that they all share?

        IAC to copy much volume from one side to the other, quit SS, open
        its volume .dmg in OSX and drag. Then unmount the volume and
        start SS again. Don't forget to unmount the volume in OSX before
        mounting it in SS.