Re:Copying stuff to Home Folder [from SheepShaver]

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "George B. Richardson" <gbr@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, John. I don't remember how or why the root level HD got to be
      > UNIX. However, I'd be happy to change it. How do I do that? I opened
      > SheepShaverGUI, but didn't see anything there that would set a new
      > "transfer folder".

      I would use the SheepShaver Prefs utility, free here at
      Files > SheepShaver > SheepShaverPrefs.zip. It has a better interface
      than SheepShaverGUI.

      In the leftmost tab, Setup, you'll see Unix Root with a text entry
      area to its right. Type in the path to e.g. your Documents folder. On
      my machine that's:

      /users/jrethorst/documents/

      Quit SheepShaver Prefs and fire up SheepShaver.

      John R.
    • George B. Richardson
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
        Thanks, John. That worked nicely. Last [I hope] question: Can I
        rename the UNIX hard drive icon that is sitting on the SheepShaver
        desktop? I wasn't able to do so with the usual click on the icon and
        change the name.

        I still have the problems that copying certain folders to the OS X
        side from SheepShaver causes SheepShaver to crash. I think I'll
        simply have to live with that. At least I can get stuff from one side
        to the other.

        Thanks, again.
        GeorgeR.
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2007
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "George B. Richardson" <gbr@...> wrote:

          > Thanks, John. That worked nicely. Last [I hope] question: Can I
          > rename the UNIX hard drive icon that is sitting on the SheepShaver
          > desktop? I wasn't able to do so with the usual click on the icon and
          > change the name.

          I don't see a way to do that.

          > I still have the problems that copying certain folders to the OS X
          > side from SheepShaver causes SheepShaver to crash. I think I'll
          > simply have to live with that. At least I can get stuff from one side
          > to the other.

          "certain folders" -- have you tried putting their contents into new
          folders and copying those? Otherwise, are these folders recognizable
          by some characteristic, e.g. size, that they all share?

          IAC to copy much volume from one side to the other, quit SS, open
          its volume .dmg in OSX and drag. Then unmount the volume and
          start SS again. Don't forget to unmount the volume in OSX before
          mounting it in SS.