Re: [wpmac] Adobe to buy Word Processing Program "Buzzword"

  • Randy B. Singer
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
      On Tuesday Oct 2, 2007, at 7:25 AM, Edward Mendelson wrote:

      > Anyone who takes two minutes actually to *look* at the Buzzword site,
      > even without access to the beta version of the software, can find out
      > that Buzzword *already* works with Firefox and Safari on the Mac, and
      > that the latest beta also officially supports Safari 3.
      >
      > So Buzzword (1) isn't Windows-only and (2) doesn't need to be "ported"
      > to the Mac because it *already* runs on the Mac. (It uses Flash, not
      > the operating system, as its platform).

      Okay, I looked. Just like the other online word processors that I've
      seen, not only does this not look like a WordPerfect/Mac replacement,
      but it doesn't even look like it could replace OS X's included TextEdit.

      There may be more to come as the product is further developed, but as
      it is now it is good for writing letters to grandma with, and not
      much else. You couldn't use it to write a scientific paper, or a
      legal brief.

      Randy B. Singer

      Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
      http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html