Re: [wpmac] Adobe to buy Word Processing Program "Buzzword"

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
      Anyone who takes two minutes actually to *look* at the Buzzword site,
      even without access to the beta version of the software, can find out
      that Buzzword *already* works with Firefox and Safari on the Mac, and
      that the latest beta also officially supports Safari 3.

      So Buzzword (1) isn't Windows-only and (2) doesn't need to be "ported"
      to the Mac because it *already* runs on the Mac. (It uses Flash, not
      the operating system, as its platform). Again, all this is clearly
      visible on the Buzzword blog and forums.
    • Randy B. Singer
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
        On Tuesday Oct 2, 2007, at 7:25 AM, Edward Mendelson wrote:

        > Anyone who takes two minutes actually to *look* at the Buzzword site,
        > even without access to the beta version of the software, can find out
        > that Buzzword *already* works with Firefox and Safari on the Mac, and
        > that the latest beta also officially supports Safari 3.
        >
        > So Buzzword (1) isn't Windows-only and (2) doesn't need to be "ported"
        > to the Mac because it *already* runs on the Mac. (It uses Flash, not
        > the operating system, as its platform).

        Okay, I looked. Just like the other online word processors that I've
        seen, not only does this not look like a WordPerfect/Mac replacement,
        but it doesn't even look like it could replace OS X's included TextEdit.

        There may be more to come as the product is further developed, but as
        it is now it is good for writing letters to grandma with, and not
        much else. You couldn't use it to write a scientific paper, or a
        legal brief.

        Randy B. Singer

        Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
        http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html