Archive your library

  • RBRoufberg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      A little more than a year ago, In a message dated 9/6/06 3:26:28 PM,
      jrethorst@... wrote:

      > Don't forget to archive your Library before a reinstall.

      How do you do it? Would this be appropriate if I want to make backup
      copies of items on my hard drive on CD's?

      Ruth R.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RBRoufberg@... wrote:

        > A little more than a year ago, In a message dated 9/6/06 3:26:28 PM,
        > jrethorst@... wrote:
        >
        > > Don't forget to archive your Library before a reinstall.
        > >
        > How do you do it?

        Quit WP, and go to System Folder > Preferences > WordPerfect.
        Copy "Library (xxx)", where xxx is a localization such as GBR
        or USA, to your backup location.

        > Would this be appropriate if I want to make backup
        > copies of items on my hard drive on CD's?

        Sure

        John R.
      • RBRoufberg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 27, 2008
          In answer to a question about how to archive one's Library onto a CD,
          jrethorst replied last October 1, as follows:

          > Quit WP, and go to System Folder > Preferences > WordPerfect.
          > Copy "Library (xxx)", where xxx is a localization such as GBR
          > or USA, to your backup location.

          I got as far as finding "Library (USA)." When I double-clicked on the
          open-book icon, it was empty, except for the "new document" form.
          What's next? I can't believe I'm supposed to copy and paste
          everything I want to archive into that one document, or even
          into multiple documents for transfer to a CD. Was I supposed to
          have previously placed into the Library (USA) folder everything I
          want to save? Even my 600+ bookmarks? Please give instructions
          for the latter. Thanks.

          Ruth R.

        • Edward Mendelson
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 27, 2008
            The original instructions were correct. You will not see anything if
            you open Library (USA), but all your macros, etc., are stored
            inside it.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1 9:14 PM
              Don't try to open the Library. There's no need to double-click it.
              Just copy the "Library (USA)" file (or "Library (GBR)" or whatever
              localization onto your backup disk.

              John R.

              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" <emendelson@...>

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1 9:16 PM
                --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RBRoufberg@... wrote:

                > Was I supposed to
                > have previously placed into the Library (USA) folder everything I
                > want to save? Even my 600+ bookmarks? Please give instructions
                > for the latter. Thanks.

                "Library (USA)" is a file, not a folder. See my other response.

                Bookmarks in WP are document-specific. What exactly do you
                mean?