Copying/Pasting in SheepShaver (was: Problems with Text>Unicode Script)

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 16, 2007
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "lawrencegoodman" <lawrencegoodman@...>
      wrote:

      > But then the question I have is: how can I get text out of SS into OS
      > X? Because when I cut or copy in SS and then go to paste in OS X,
      > nothing appears. OS X apparently can't handle text cut or copied from
      > SS. Is anyone else having this problem?

      Many applications use the system clipboard by default, but others
      handle things better and faster by using their own clipboard. The
      OS supports this by, when you switch to another application, having
      the app being switched from copy its clipboard to the system one.

      WordPerfect has its own clipboard. Select text in WP and copy; that
      puts it on WP's clipboard. Then click on the desktop to activate the
      Finder. That puts the copied text in the system (here, in SheepShaver's)
      clipboard. Switch from SS to another OSX app, and the text then
      goes to the OSX clipboard.

      Going the other way: copy text in OSX, switch to SS and, if WP is
      the active app in SS, click on the SS desktop, and then activate WP
      and paste.