Re: Problems with Text>Unicode Script

  • lawrencegoodman
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 16, 2007
      Thanks for the prompt response.

      But then the question I have is: how can I get text out of SS into OS
      X? Because when I cut or copy in SS and then go to paste in OS X,
      nothing appears. OS X apparently can't handle text cut or copied from
      SS. Is anyone else having this problem?

      Thanks.

      (The problem does not happen when I go from OS Classic to OS X on a
      PPC).
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "lawrencegoodman" <lawrencegoodman@...>
        wrote:

        > But then the question I have is: how can I get text out of SS into OS
        > X? Because when I cut or copy in SS and then go to paste in OS X,
        > nothing appears. OS X apparently can't handle text cut or copied from
        > SS. Is anyone else having this problem?

        Many applications use the system clipboard by default, but others
        handle things better and faster by using their own clipboard. The
        OS supports this by, when you switch to another application, having
        the app being switched from copy its clipboard to the system one.

        WordPerfect has its own clipboard. Select text in WP and copy; that
        puts it on WP's clipboard. Then click on the desktop to activate the
        Finder. That puts the copied text in the system (here, in SheepShaver's)
        clipboard. Switch from SS to another OSX app, and the text then
        goes to the OSX clipboard.

        Going the other way: copy text in OSX, switch to SS and, if WP is
        the active app in SS, click on the SS desktop, and then activate WP
        and paste.