Re: Problems with Text>Unicode Script

  • lawrencegoodman
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 16, 2007
      From SS to OS X. Thanks.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 2007
        It's not meant for that, but for copying Unicode text in OSX,
        transferring to SS/WP, and pasting the text in WP.

        John R.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "lawrencegoodman" <lawrencegoodman@...>
        wrote:

        > From SS to OS X. Thanks.
        >

        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst"
        > <jrethorst@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, lawrencegoodman <no_reply@>
        > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I have been running the Unicode Text>Text script in Sheepshaver and
        > > > having no luck. I opened iclip which tracks entires to the clipboard.
        > > > It seems when the script is run, it first adds the transformed text
        > > > to the clipboard, but it then adds another item to the clipboard
        > > > which Max OS X can't recognize. So when you go to paste nothing
        > > > happens.
        > >
        > > Which way are you going with the text: OSX to SS or the other way?
        > >
        > > John R.

      • lawrencegoodman
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 2007
          Thanks for the prompt response.

          But then the question I have is: how can I get text out of SS into OS
          X? Because when I cut or copy in SS and then go to paste in OS X,
          nothing appears. OS X apparently can't handle text cut or copied from
          SS. Is anyone else having this problem?

          Thanks.

          (The problem does not happen when I go from OS Classic to OS X on a
          PPC).
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16, 2007
            wrote:

            > But then the question I have is: how can I get text out of SS into OS
            > X? Because when I cut or copy in SS and then go to paste in OS X,
            > nothing appears. OS X apparently can't handle text cut or copied from
            > SS. Is anyone else having this problem?

            Many applications use the system clipboard by default, but others
            handle things better and faster by using their own clipboard. The
            OS supports this by, when you switch to another application, having
            the app being switched from copy its clipboard to the system one.

            WordPerfect has its own clipboard. Select text in WP and copy; that
            puts it on WP's clipboard. Then click on the desktop to activate the
            Finder. That puts the copied text in the system (here, in SheepShaver's)
            clipboard. Switch from SS to another OSX app, and the text then
            goes to the OSX clipboard.

            Going the other way: copy text in OSX, switch to SS and, if WP is
            the active app in SS, click on the SS desktop, and then activate WP
            and paste.