Re: [wpmac] Time for a new petition?

  • Tracy Gromer
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8, 2007
      You might point out that some of us cannot use Macs solely because they cannot run WordPerfect. As an attorney, my firm has been using WordPerfect for more than 20 years and the District Court in Arizona actually requires all documents to be filed in WordPerfect. I bought a Mac, which I love, but could not use it for my work. I had to go buy a separate PC for work, since the Mac is really unusable with WordPerfect, even with a translator, etc. Really bummed me out.

      regards,

      Tracy Gromer
      Phoenix AZ
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2007
        On Sep 8, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Phillip Jones, CET wrote:

        > I know Corel put it out as freeware for a limited time but so far as I
        > know its only still on servers for this newsgroup.

        It is copyrighted software. At some point, years ago, Corel went
        around and asked everyone to remove the free download from their
        servers, which is why you won't find it listed at VersionTracker and
        MacDownload.

        I have to agree that it would not be a good idea to draw Corel's
        attention to the places where it is still available for download.

        Randy B. Singer

        Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
        http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
      • Paolo Tramannoni
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2007
          Ok, here is an amended version. Apart for further content's
          suggestions, any rewriting in something different than my Immigrant
          English would be welcome.

          -----

          Dear Corel,

          Years ago, you decided to dismiss WordPerfect for Mac. With the
          growing market share Apple has been gaining during the following
          years, maybe it is time to rethink that decision. Several users are
          still writing with the old version of WP, and more will be conquered
          by the winning features of a Mac OS X version over all the competitors.

          Some users are indeed forced to use WordPerfect, due to the lack of a
          good alternative legal document processor on the Mac. Some Courts, in
          the USA, explicitly request for the WordPerfect format. A high - and
          growing - number of law offices use Macs.

          We would be happy to pay for a renewed version, that builds on the old
          one, preserving the same clean interface and rich set of well laid out
          features. This would help us overcome the lack of really advanced,