rebuilding the desktop file

  • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hi, Everyone.

      Experimenting, I just found that, whereas TechTool Lite 3.0.x seems to
      crash SS consistently, TechTool 1.2.1 works as in the old days -- saves
      comments, deletes the desktop file, then restarts the "computer,"
      whereupon the desktop file is rebuilt before the desktop icons show up.

      Someone had been asking about rebuilding the desktop, and someone else
      suggested a program that deletes the desktop file. (Cannot find those
      messages now, sorry.) Here is another option. These versions of
      TechTool were all free from Micromat, and 1.2.1 is still available from:

      http://www.micromat.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=6&id=21&Itemid=62

      http://www.micromat.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=62

      Tom

      Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.