OS 8.6 or 9.0.4 Retail Install Disk [Was: keycodes.sdl]

  • goober94306
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      Thanks. I think I'm almost there. Tom Briant, editor of the MacValley
      Voice, has been very helpful. I was able to extract a Mac OS ROM last
      night from Update 1.0 which worked. At this point, I can start up
      SheepShaver, but am now getting the blinking <?> because I don't have
      a usable start-up disk. I have an OS 9.2.1 install disk, but I
      understand that I need 9.0.4 or earlier. Sadly, I did not save my
      earlier install disks. Oh well.

      I am currently downloading the SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install, but
      that will take awhile because I'm on the slow DSL at my office. Since
      I haven't finished downloading it, I don't know if it has a disk image
      that I can use. Does anyone have a OS 8.6 or 9.0.4 retail install disk
      that they could copy and send? I'd be happy to reimburse!

      Thanks again for all of the help from this forum.

      George Richardson

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "goober94306" <gbr@> wrote:

      Hi, I'm a newbie trying to install Sheepshaver on my MacBook Pro. I've
      been doing my best to follow the steps outlined by Jean-Pascal Cogné
      in his SheepShaver_Help_OSX pdf file. However, nothing that I have
      downloaded includes a file to which he refers: <keycodes.sdl>. Where
      can I find this file?

      This is the Basilisk Keycodes file. Get it with the Basilisk download
      at
      <http://www.gibix.net/projects/basilisk2/files/BasiliskII-1.0-0.20060501.2.MacOSX.tar.bz2
      > or the SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install (which also has everything
      else you need) in the SheepShaver-Basilisk folder in the Links section
      here.

      BTW I've added Jean-Pascal Cogné's PDF file of instructions, which
      have very nice screen shots, to the SheepShaver folder in the Files
      section here.