[wpmac] Re: Invisible shared folder in SS (was: And now the bad news)

    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 19, 2007

      > On Jul 16, 2007, at 9:35 AM, tbgibson wrote:
      > > David... Thanks! Just what I've been looking for: an alternative to
      > > Spotlight. I don't know how Apple got that so wrong (and most
      > > everything else is so right!)

      > I think that Spotlight is an exceptionally useful feature . .

      I like Spotlight (and am grateful to Gero Herrmann for writing the WP
      plug-in), but enough people don't that there are several alternatives,
      of two kinds. The first, best exemplified by EasyFind, simply does its
      own searching. Very good tool.

      The second kind is a revised interface for Spotlight, but which
      uses the Spotlight machinery. Laserlight and Notlight are examples
      of this.

      All of these are free at Version Tracker and MacUpdate.

      BTW my two most recent emails to Gero, of say three and six months
      ago, have gone unanswered. Anyone heard from him?