Re: Increasing SS Volume Image Size?

  • cw_gibson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 8, 2007
      If you want to create a new startup disk (and it appears on
      the SheepShaver desktop, and has been 1) created as an HFS
      file, 2) has had a system folder installed, then you run
      into that fact that you CAN”T change the boot disk (the
      Startup Control Panel crashes the program)

      Solution: You need to edit the INVISIBLE
      “.sheepshaver_prefs” file. This will be found in the
      /Users/my name folder. You can use a program called
      Kilometri to find the file.

      At the top of the file, you will find the lines of text
      showing your “hard drives”. Simply switch the order in the
      prefs file, and relaunch. Your problem should be
      solved.

      My thanks to John for the installer package.
      It should be on everyone’s “neat trick” list.

      =-= Hoot