[wpmac] Re: Intel Mac

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 15, 2007
      Anyone managed to mount a 1.44 MB disk though USB Floppy in
      Sheepshaver. I looked at Sheepshaver GUI and couldn't see any way to
      do it. The disk is on the OS X desktop, but Sheepshaver does not see
      it.

      Geoff

      >If the floppy is a 1.44MB disk, a USB floppy does the trick. If it's
      >an 800KB floppy, it will need
      >an old Mac with an internal floppy.

      >> I am going to try an install After Dark on Sheepshaver - once I work
      >> out how to get the software off an old 3.5" floppy disk.
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Mike Robbins
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 15, 2007
        Hi Geoff-

        I know that this does not answer your question, but it may be a work
        around. Your Intel Mac should be able to burn a CD of the file on the
        floppy. Sheepshaver should be able to read that.

        Mike Robbins
        Los Angeles

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 15, 2007
          Mike

          I'd thought that, but for some reason it didn't work while
          Sheepshaver was running - I quit sheepshaver and the burn worked.
          odd. Thanks for the email - it made me try again.

          Geoff

          >Hi Geoff-
          >
          >I know that this does not answer your question, but it may be a work
          >around. Your Intel Mac should be able to burn a CD of the file on the
          >floppy. Sheepshaver should be able to read that.
          >
          >Mike Robbins
          >Los Angeles
          >

          >On Jun 15, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Geoff Gilbert wrote:
          >
          >> Anyone managed to mount a 1.44 MB disk though USB Floppy in
          >> Sheepshaver. I looked at Sheepshaver GUI and couldn't see any way to
          >> do it. The disk is on the OS X desktop, but Sheepshaver does not see
          >> it.
          >>
          >> Geoff
          >>
          >> >If the floppy is a 1.44MB disk, a USB floppy does the trick. If it's
          >> >an 800KB floppy, it will need
          >> >an old Mac with an internal floppy.
          >> >
          >> >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@...>

          >> work
          >> >

          >> >Yahoo! Groups Links

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • (no author)
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 22, 2007
            Folks, I'm unable to assign WordPerfect macros to three function keys.

            I'm running WP 3.5 enhanced in Classic (OS 9.1), in OS X (10.3.5), on
            a 300MHz clamshell iBook. The OS runs fine, BTW.

            If you recall from the previous century, keys F1, F5 and F6 default,
            on the original iBook, to Screen Darken, Num Lock and Speaker Control
            respectively. These defaults work well in OS X, but the Edit Macro
            process in WP won't, via Classic, supersede their OS X functions. Thus
            I can't assign my macros to F1, F5 or F6.

            It would greatly simplify my workflow to be able to do so and avoid
            more complex key-combos. To illustrate:

            In WP, in Tools > Macro > Edit Macro, I click the Assign button. The
            Assign Keystroke dialog box appears. When I press, e.g., the F5 key to
            assign it a macro, OS X turns on the iBook's Num Lock and my key
            choice doesn't appear in the Keystroke field of the Assign Keystroke
            dialog box.

            On my desktop Mac (a G4, running WP in Classic, OS 9.2, in OS 10.2.8)
            the same actions type my F-key choice in the Keystroke field of the
            Assign Keystroke dialog box. Then I click the Assign button, click
            Done in the Edit Macro box and my F-key assignment works.

            So what I'm stymied by is those handy default F-key assignments on the
            iBook. A web search turned up lots of unrelated kibitzes & cavils
            about the old iBooks, but nothing that helps.

            I know that many system functions are disabled in the Classic
            environment, but surely I'm missing something. I doubt my only
            recourse is to redo a full-blown OS 9 install on the iBook, assign the
            F-keys within WP and reinstall OS X.  Maybe booting the iBook from an
            OS 9 CD to finish the key assignments ...?

            All advice gratefully received¬óthanks!

            JS