Re: newbie to WPMac here. Mine crashes when opening large files.

  • David Southall
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2007
      In my previous reply I said

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "dragoroo" <dragoroo@...> wrote:
      > I'm not sure if the memory allocation is actually used in Classic mode
      > or if the OSX memory management takes over but it's worth a try.

      Checking the Apple Support site confirmed that Classic does make use
      of the maximum memory indicated in the Get Info Dialog but is smart
      enough not to actually use the physical memory until WordPerfect calls
      for it.

      HOWEVER.

      Experimentation shows that once the memory is allocated it is kept
      until WordPerfect quits (not when the document is closed) so if you
      edit complex documents and then experience crashes then you should
      allocate more memory and/or frequently quit and restart WordPerfect.
      Multiple edits of complex documents rapidly use up memory.

      Refer to Apple KnowledgeBase artnum=61528 for more information.

      Regards David