[wpmac] Re: is there a feature similar to "track changes" on wordperfect?

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2007
      I don't use Notes as I'm writing something, but then I don't use
      Comments in Word as I write. In both cases, I use the tool when I am
      reading through afterwards. Flakey? No, but it's not as integrated as
      in Word, but that's what I like - I can change the background colour
      in order to indicate different sorts of comments and I don't have to
      have the Note down the right hand margin. Excellent for preparing
      seminar problems - I can use Notes to remind me of the main issues,
      print it Note-less for the students and with Notes for me. I tried to
      edit the macro once and it became corrupted, so I reinstalled and use
      it "out of the pack". It's not comments, but I've got used to it. It
      could be improved - colour choice in the list of initial options,
      left/right/whatever alignment - but I've got used to it.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 10, 2007
        What all would you like to see added to or changed in the Notes
        macro? I'm going to revise it.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 10, 2007
          More options on selecting the Notes Macro - I have it on F3. Such as
          background colour and then where it's going to be placed - right
          margin or left margin. I can't work out whether it should be anchored
          to the paragraph or character - I think the latter, but then the Note
          in relation to the line in which the character appears need to be set
          carefully, ie. you don't want the bottom of the Note lined up with
          the character, but the top or maybe middle. And you don't need a
          heading saying Note - it's rather self-evident.

          Thanks

          Geoff

        • RBRoufberg@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 10, 2007
            I like the idea of notes that can be attached to a document as it appears on
            my monitor, but will not be printed!

            Ruth R.