Re: [wpmac] scroll wheel in Classic

  • Randy B. Singer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5 10:07 PM
      On Jun 5, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D. wrote:

      > What, if anything, are
      > people using the scroll-wheel click for?

      I use it as an extension of what the scroll-wheel itself does. I
      have it set up to scroll down the page a page at a time (i.e. each
      click of the scroll-wheel is equivalent to pressing the Page Down key
      on the extended keyboard). So, I use the scroll-wheel for slow and
      fine scrolling and click on the scroll-wheel for faster scrolling.
      Very intuitive.

      Randy B. Singer

      Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
      http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
    • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6 12:43 PM
        John, Paul, and Randy, thank you for the mousing advice. I do like to
        use right-clicking to access contextual menus, though in Classic it is
        mainly to access FinderPop from the menubar. Many aspects of FinderPop
        still work (for example, I keep DocCompare as well as some other
        AppleScripts in the FinderPop Items Menu for easy access while using
        WP). I assume it is still available somewhere on the Web if anyone
        wants to give it a try?

        The scroll wheel alone makes me plug in the mouse more often lately,
        though this makes more of a difference in OSX. Page Down seems as
        though it will be the most useful way, for the way I work, to program
        the scroll-wheel click. Thank you too for introducing me to Deja Menu.
        I may try it with the mouse, though I still like to keyboard as much
        as possible, and Deja Menu with its key combination is a nice
        augmentation of OSX's full menu access. Don't know how I've missed
        hearing about it all this time. Fringe benefit for me of being plugged
        into the WPMac list. Tom