Re: is there a feature similar to "track changes" on wordperfect?

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2007

      > There's a macro in WP that allows you to add stick notes that can be
      > hidden if necessary and either printed or ignored in printing. It's
      > effectively a yellow text box, but I find it invaluable.

      It's called "Notes" and comes in the Document Experts set, in the Files
      section here, Doc Experts contains a number of macros, templates and
      clip art.

      I haven't used Notes in a few years and, looking at it now, find it
      a little flakey both in Tiger Classic and SheepShaver. Geoff, have you
      revised your copy?

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 5, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Randall C. Wilson" <rwilson@...> wrote:

        > >Here's my situation:
        > >* * * my main concern is
        > >that I need a feature on wordperfect similar to "track changes" in word.
        > >
        > >Is there something I can do to remedy this? Am I just somehow missing it?
        >
        > Its hard to match Word's capability. depending on what you need
        > track changes for, it may be easier to translate into and back out of
        > Word for that purpose.

        But isn't WP DocCompare more accurate at tracking changes than Word's
        facility? I'd value that much more than e.g. click to accept changes?

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 5, 2007
          I don't use Notes as I'm writing something, but then I don't use
          Comments in Word as I write. In both cases, I use the tool when I am
          reading through afterwards. Flakey? No, but it's not as integrated as
          in Word, but that's what I like - I can change the background colour
          in order to indicate different sorts of comments and I don't have to
          have the Note down the right hand margin. Excellent for preparing
          seminar problems - I can use Notes to remind me of the main issues,
          print it Note-less for the students and with Notes for me. I tried to
          edit the macro once and it became corrupted, so I reinstalled and use
          it "out of the pack". It's not comments, but I've got used to it. It
          could be improved - colour choice in the list of initial options,
          left/right/whatever alignment - but I've got used to it.

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 10, 2007
            What all would you like to see added to or changed in the Notes
            macro? I'm going to revise it.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 10, 2007
              More options on selecting the Notes Macro - I have it on F3. Such as
              background colour and then where it's going to be placed - right
              margin or left margin. I can't work out whether it should be anchored
              to the paragraph or character - I think the latter, but then the Note
              in relation to the line in which the character appears need to be set
              carefully, ie. you don't want the bottom of the Note lined up with
              the character, but the top or maybe middle. And you don't need a
              heading saying Note - it's rather self-evident.

              Thanks

              Geoff

            • RBRoufberg@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 10, 2007
                I like the idea of notes that can be attached to a document as it appears on
                my monitor, but will not be printed!

                Ruth R.