Re: [wpmac] Re: converting wpd files

  • Randy B. Singer
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 4, 2007
      On Jun 4, 2007, at 7:49 AM, megabyte405 wrote:

      > You got it: in the Terminal. That's also where you'd run the AbiWord
      > conversion command line. All command-line stuff like that takes place
      > on the terminal, and in most cases you can start graphical stuff there
      > too, so it never hurts to try the Terminal.

      Great, thanks! So what are the steps one has to follow to run that
      script?

      How would one "Just do ./nameofscript.pl"?

      Randy B. Singer

      Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
      http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
    • megabyte405
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 5, 2007
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Randy B. Singer" <randy@...>
        wrote:

        > Great, thanks! So what are the steps one has to follow to run that
        > script?
        >
        > How would one "Just do ./nameofscript.pl"?

        Type "cd /path/to/script" no quotes and hit enter
        Type "./nameofscript.pl" and optionally any arguments/parameters it
        needs, and hit enter.

        I have no experience with that particular script, this is just general
        basic osx/unix/linux terminal/command line stuff. There are numerous
        tutorials online designed to get folks comfortable with the command
        line, and many of those for Linux will also apply to Mac OS X, due to
        the similarities in the shell (command line) interface.
      • Randy B. Singer
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 5, 2007
          On Jun 5, 2007, at 6:54 AM, megabyte405 wrote:

          > Type "cd /path/to/script" no quotes and hit enter
          > Type "./nameofscript.pl" and optionally any arguments/parameters it
          > needs, and hit enter.

          Oh, so you don't have to paste in the script? Sounds good. Thanks!