[ANN] Conversions 2.1.2

    Message 1 of 9 , May 28, 2007
      Containing all known conversion filters for WPMac. Free in the
      Files section here.

      New in this version: bug fix for WP 5.x filters, including WPG import.
      Thanks to Smokey Ardisson. Thanks also to Gabriel Fuentes for the
      custom folder icon.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 28, 2007
        John

        You claim there's a bug fix, but I've compared this folder with my
        existing Conversions folder and there are 38 files in both and mine
        are about 8 hours newer (if that's appropriate for files dating from
        the mid-1990s - I also have WP 1.x Import (USA) from 2003 already)
        than the download - my guess is that the 8 hours is the time
        difference between North America and the UK. Where's the change?

        Geoff

        Message 3 of 9 , May 28, 2007

          > You claim there's a bug fix, but I've compared this folder with my
          > existing Conversions folder and there are 38 files in both and mine
          > are about 8 hours newer (if that's appropriate for files dating from
          > the mid-1990s - I also have WP 1.x Import (USA) from 2003 already)
          > than the download - my guess is that the 8 hours is the time
          > difference between North America and the UK. Where's the change?

          In the "WP 5.x Conversions" file. This file in Conversions 2.1.1 had a
          modification date of 1997; the replacement has a mod date of 1996.

          Message 4 of 9 , May 28, 2007
            And going backwards in time loses nothing from current WP5.x
            convertibility? Strange.

            >> You claim there's a bug fix, but I've compared this folder with my
            >> existing Conversions folder and there are 38 files in both and mine
            >> are about 8 hours newer (if that's appropriate for files dating from
            >> the mid-1990s - I also have WP 1.x Import (USA) from 2003 already)
            >> than the download - my guess is that the 8 hours is the time
            >> difference between North America and the UK. Where's the change?
            >
            >In the "WP 5.x Conversions" file. This file in Conversions 2.1.1 had a
            >modification date of 1997; the replacement has a mod date of 1996.
            >
            >John R.
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Edward Mendelson
            Message 5 of 9 , May 29, 2007
              John,

              I want to confirm that the older filter now included in the Conversions pack opens that
              problematic WPG file that started this whole discussion. Many thanks to everyone who helped
              to sort this out.

              Edward

              Message 6 of 9 , May 29, 2007
                > I want to confirm that the older filter now included in the Conversions
                > pack opens that problematic WPG file that started this whole discussion.
                > Many thanks to everyone who helped to sort this out.

                Thanks are due to Smokey Ardisson, who knew of the bug in the filter
                that shipped with WP 3.5e, and that the filter that shipped with 3.5.4 was
                good. I had no idea.

                > > And going backwards in time loses nothing from current WP5.x
                > > convertibility? Strange.

                The program was written in Utah.

                Message 7 of 9 , May 29, 2007
                  > > > And going backwards in time loses nothing from current WP5.x
                  >> > convertibility? Strange.
                  >
                  >The program was written in Utah.
                  >
                  >John R.

                  Is that a general comment about Utah and going backwards in time
                  (I've never been) or simply that the programme wasn't changed much
                  from the days when WP Corp/ Novell owned it?

                  Geoff
                • Smokey Ardisson
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 30, 2007
                    On Mon May 28, 2007 10:45 pm ((PDT)), "Geoff Gilbert"
                    <Geoff@...> wrote:

                    >And going backwards in time loses nothing from current WP5.x
                    >convertibility? Strange.

                    I did some testing in 3.5e--not terribly extensive ones, but I have
                    been using that filter with 3.5.4 since the mid-90s--before sending
                    it to John R., and nothing seemed untoward. I'd keep the old, er,
                    newer one, around just in case you notice problems.

                    Smokey
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 31, 2007
                      >> The program was written in Utah.

                      > Is that a general comment about Utah and going
                      > backwards in time (I've never been) or simply that
                      > the programme wasn't changed much from the
                      > days when WP Corp/ Novell owned it?

                      It could be taken as going backwards in time, since
                      Utah has lower figures than average for several of
                      the most telling American indicators, e.g. divorce,
                      alcoholism, adultery, as well as most violent crimes.
                      But it was actually just my warped sense of humor
                      rattling the chain of the original developers who
                      are on this list.